Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hope For Paws

No big secret, the other half of my life aside from photography is my family, including my 2 dogs that I very much consider my children. This is a repost from another blog I'm subscribed to, but I had to share here because the story really touched me personally. I have quite the assortment of "coffee table" books at home, and a lot of them are about dogs. I'm certainly adding this one to the collection because it's also an inexpensive way to give and help those in need. If you find it in your heart, please get one of these also.

Audrey & Eldad Hagar never imagined that when they began photographing the hundreds of fostered dogs (and other creatures) who came through their home, that they would actually create a book. They just wanted to remember the animals they had shared great memories with.

Below is their short story about a little dog named Bradley...



"We rescued Bradley from the shelter last night, and today I took him to a neurologist.

The doctor had only sad news for Bradley...

We agreed he should go to sleep and not suffer this severe hydrocephalus. (as you can see, his head is weirdly shaped due to a lot of fluids in his head / brain).

I didn't want to let him go yet, so from the vet I took Bradley to the beach, I sat with him, played with him, and I fed him many cheeseburgers and fried chicken.

We sat there for two hours, and after that I took him to the vet's office right on the beach, and he went to sleep forever :-(



Please visit their website & help them save more animals. All they ask is for people to buy the book about their rescue work... this will help them pay the medical bills & all the expenses involved in animal rescuing. (The book cost only $9.95. It has a 100 pages of full color photos and stories that will make you laugh and cry.)

You can buy the book at Hope for Paws *

4 comments:

BH said...

OMG. :( You know how I have such a soft spot in my heart for animals. Especially dogs. Guess I got that from Grandpa. (He wouldn't even kill a bug.) They just love you back so unconditionally. Some people would say "oh, it's just a dog!". But, it is one of God's living breathing creatures.

Here I sit. Crying like a baby. (There goes my makeup for the day. ;)) RIP little Bradley. Off to buy the book....

Anonymous said...

This is one of the saddest things I have ever read :(

What wonderful people.

Oeil Photography said...

agh this brought a tear to my eye poor baby rest in heaven

Lyndsay Almeida said...

okay, this post made me all snotty. what a great couple. i'm going to check out the book...thanks for sharing, tara!